The United States and Arab allies hit ISIS targets including training camps, headquarters and weapon supplies in northern and eastern Syria in dozens of air and missile strikes.
- U.S. air strikes hit ISIS training camps in Syria
- Assad backs efforts to fight terrorism
- Iran says nuclear suspicions are "fabricated ambiguities"
- Jailed Venezuelan police chief freed
- Egypt upholds death sentence for 5 in killing of policeman
- Brown says London must keep promise to Scotland as political truce ends
- Turkish hostages freed, but questions linger
President Barack Obama stressed the economy has improved in almost every aspect on his watch, yet average family incomes have slipped.
- Obama tries Reagan touch on economy, but wages weigh
- Chrysler recalling nearly 189,000 SUVs
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Turkey announces strategy to bolster EU accession bid
- Wall St climbs ahead of Fed statement; DuPont jumps
- Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
Experimental Ebola drugs will be tested in affected West African states for the first time in a bid to fast-track trials.
- Ebola drug trials to be fast-tracked in West Africa
- FDA tweaks food safety rules due next year
- White House calls for task force to tackle antibiotic-resistant bugs
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- UN: Nearly $1 billion needed now to stop Ebola
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
Science & Tech
Alibaba debuted as a publicly traded company Friday and swiftly climbed nearly 40 percent in a mammoth IPO that offered eager investors seemingly unlimited growth potential and a way to tap into the burgeoning Chinese middle class.
- Alibaba stock soars in jubilant trading debut
- Apple faithful line up for latest, larger iPhones
- Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants
- iPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Study: Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
The House of Representatives votes to authorize the training and arming of Syrian rebels to confront ISIL, backing President Obama after he personally pleaded for support. Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer is live with the latest.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden