Obama's Gift Ranked #2 On Amazon
The book that Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez gave to President Barack Obama is now listed as the number two seller on the popular website "amazon.com". The book is called "Open Veins of Latin America: Five Centuries of the Pillage of a Continent" and is written by Uruguayan journalist Eduardo Galeano.
Andrew Getman, bookseller at Politics and Prose said:
"It's been out for a long time and this has been published by a small press, but obviously because of the handshake and the gift from Hugo Chavez, it suddenly has gotten a lot of attention."
Galeano's book documents how foreign interests have dominated and afflicted Latin America since the Spanish conquest.
The book can be found on the shelves of any local bookshop in Washington, DC.
Already, many university professors use the book during their course curriculum.
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M