Alibaba to reach out to Yahoo CEO on stalled deal
A person familiar with the talks says Alibaba Group and Japan's Softbank will reach out to Yahoo Inc.'s chief executive, bypassing negotiators from the U.S. Internet company, after talks over Yahoo's Asian holdings broke down.
The struggling Internet company has been in discussions to sell its stakes in Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group and Yahoo Japan back to Alibaba and Yahoo Japan shareholder Softbank Corp.
But the person who declined to be identified because the talks were confidential said Wednesday that Softbank and Alibaba will go directly to Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson for more clarity after talks broke down over the
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M