New 007 film to depict spy's inner demons
The director of the next James Bond movie says he's been inspired by the conflicted character of the British spy as depicted in the original novels by Ian Fleming.
The film, titled "Skyfall," promises the usual action, exotic locations, scheming villains and beautiful women found in the 007 franchise. But it also offers a journey into the troubled psyche of the iconic spy, portrayed once again by Daniel Craig.
Director Sam Mendes said Sunday at a news conference in Istanbul, where some of the movie's scenes were shot, that Fleming created an "incredibly complex" character.
"Skyfall" is due for release on Oct. 26 in Britain and Nov. 9 in the United States.
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels
- Rescuers Search Oklahoma Tornado Town Ruins
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Evening News, May 21, 2013
- German central bank: Economy to improve 'markedly'
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Syria, Israel Exchange Fire On Golan Heights