The Right Sunglasses Prevent Visual Degeneration
Wearing sunglasses is as important as putting on some sun screen.
Just as our skin begins to wrinkle after exposure to ultraviolet rays, our eyes deteriorate too.
When the eye is older, there is an increasing amount of yellow pigmentation in the macular area.
Around 90 percent of UV rays penetrate cloud cover. Also people in the western hemisphere shouldn't underestimate the damage done during the winter.
It's important to remember that UV absorbing contact lenses alone aren't adequate substitutes.
Wraparound sunglasses which stop the sun entering from the side, and wide brimmed hats are good protectors.
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Stretched By Riots, Swedish Police Call Reinforcements
- Cameron: This Will Make Us Stronger
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Evening News, May 22, 2013