Negotiators in Ukrainian peace talks agreed to create a buffer zone between government troops and pro-Russian militants by halting their advances, withdrawing foreign fighters in order to ensure a stable truce in eastern Ukraine.
- Buffer zone agreed on in Ukrainian peace talks
- Turkish hostages freed, but questions linger
- Jailed Venezuelan police chief freed
- Egypt upholds death sentence for 5 in killing of policeman
- Brown says London must keep promise to Scotland as political truce ends
- Ebola lockdown brings Sierra Leone capital to a halt
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns
Chrysler is recalling almost 189,000 Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos in the U.S. to fix a fuel pump problem that can cause the SUVs to stall.
- Chrysler recalling nearly 189,000 SUVs
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL concern
- Turkey announces strategy to bolster EU accession bid
- Wall St climbs ahead of Fed statement; DuPont jumps
- Europe stocks slip as Fed jitters eclipse M&A fever
- France breaks 2015 deficit-cutting promise
- U.S. job growth brakes to eight-month low, labor force shrinks
The government said it will rewrite sweeping new food safety rules after farmers complained that earlier proposals could hurt business.
- FDA tweaks food safety rules due next year
- White House calls for task force to tackle antibiotic-resistant bugs
- Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola
- UN: Nearly $1 billion needed now to stop Ebola
- WHO pleads for more healthworkers to combat Ebola
- Long-awaited diet pill gets U.S. approval
- UN: Ebola cases could eventually reach 20,000
Science & Tech
Alibaba debuted as a publicly traded company Friday and swiftly climbed nearly 40 percent in a mammoth IPO that offered eager investors seemingly unlimited growth potential and a way to tap into the burgeoning Chinese middle class.
- Alibaba stock soars in jubilant trading debut
- Apple faithful line up for latest, larger iPhones
- Alibaba symbol of China's new tech giants
- iPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Study: Mice given human brain gene learned tasks faster
- New iPhone 6 Plus pre-order shipments to be delayed by a month
- Erdogan approves law tightening Turkey's Internet controls
The House of Representatives votes to authorize the training and arming of Syrian rebels to confront ISIL, backing President Obama after he personally pleaded for support. Ebru's Kyle Schmoyer is live with the latest.
The Most Popular Videos
- Osama bin Laden