25 killed, 40 wounded in Baghdad market blast
Iraqi authorities say at least 25 people have been killed and scores wounded by a vegetable truck that exploded in a market in in a Shiite city south of Baghdad.
Qadisiyah provincial council chairman Jubair al-Jabouri says the blast came around 10 a.m. in a vegetable and fish market in the city of Diwaniyah, 130 kilometers (80 miles) south of Baghdad.
He said 40 were wounded in the explosion and blamed insurgents linked to al-Qaida.
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M