Syria: Bomb blast in state TV building in Damascus
Syrian state-run television says a bomb has ripped through the third floor of the state TV building in downtown Damascus.
The report says at least three people were wounded in Monday's bomb attack targeting the building which also houses the country's state radio.
The Syrian capital has seen a string of suicide attacks and other bombings in the past few months as the country's civil war has escalated.
A pro-government private Syrian TV station (Al-Ikhbariya) showed pictures of employees inspecting damages in the TV building and tending to a wounded colleague. The Syrian state TV remained on air.
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Stretched By Riots, Swedish Police Call Reinforcements
- Cameron: This Will Make Us Stronger
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Evening News, May 22, 2013