Syria troops shell Aleppo neighborhoods
Syrian activists say the fighting is fierce in the northern city of Aleppo where regime forces are trying to reclaim neighborhoods under rebel control.
Syrian troops fired tank shells and artillery today as rebels try to repel a government ground assault.
The state-run news agency SANA quoted an Aleppo official as saying that troops would continue to pursue "terrorists" until the city is "purged" of armed groups.
- Attack on UN office leaves at least 12 dead
- Karzai sets new conditions for talks with Taliban
- Turkish government, protesters seek to draw sting from unrest
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Syrian warplanes strike rebel posts in Aleppo
- Evening News, June 18, 2013
- Greece's public TV still off despite court ruling
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- US, Taliban to start talks on ending Afghan war
- Lawyer for Gadhafi son wants him handed to ICC