Ethiopian Air to get Africa's first Boeing 787
Ethiopian Airlines next week takes delivery of Africa's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner, and the airline's chief executive says the plane will first be used on routes around the continent.
Ethiopian Airlines takes delivery of the Dreamliner on Tuesday in Seattle, Washington. The plane's maiden flight takes place next weekend, a flight near Mount Kilimanjaro on the Tanzania-Kenya border.
Ethiopian Airlines chief executive Tewolde Gebremariam said Thursday his company is excited to be the first carrier to take delivery of a Dreamliner in Africa, Europe and the Americas.
- 50 Years of Pan-African Integration
- Nigeria to Lay to Rest Writer Chinua Achebe
- Mugabe Signs New Constitution
- Ban Ki- Moon Visits Congo, as Fighting Persists
- New 'President' of South Somali Region Faces Rival Lead
- Africa News -May 23
- WB Funds Africa's Great Lakes Region
- Africa News -May 22
- Zimbabwe welcomes Chinese Investors
- Deliberating on African Development