Togo to Face Gabon in 2013 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifier Match
The African Cup of Nations (AFCON) draw that took place in Johannesburg, South Africa on Thursday has concluded the fixtures for the qualifying stage of the competition. Togo is who is set to face Gabon will travel to Libreville in September for the first leg while the second leg will be played at home in Lome in October.
“I think we will encounter a team that is close to ours on its collective game. Gabon is rather an attacking team, and they proved it during 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, with individual attacking players we have to watch carefully” said Didier Six, Togo’s coach.
Among others, The Senegalese are set to clash with Ivory Coast and Nigeria who failed to make it past this stage last year will be playing Liberia.
Other fixtures include: Mali vs. Botswana Zimbabwe vs. Angola Ghana vs. Malawi Zambia vs. Uganda Cape Verde Islands vs. Cameroon Mozambique vs. Morocco Sierra Leone vs. Tunisia Guinea vs. Niger Sudan vs. Ethiopia Libya vs. Algeria DR Congo vs. Equatorial Guinea Central African Republic vs. Burkina Faso
- 1 Dead and Scores Wounded
- AU-Rajoelina's Candidature is illegitimate
- One Indian, Several S.African's Accused
- 'Mothers of the Year' Awarded
- Federalism in Somalia
- Significant Progress Made on Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- 'Massive' Troop Deployment in Nigeria's Northeast
- Africa Weekly Report, May 17, 2013
- Insects Delicacy in Uganda
- France's First Lady Visits Mali's War Torn North