Finnair Q2 loss narrows on cost-cutting
Finnair PLC has reported a slight narrowing of second-quarter loss to $24.4 million (?19.8 million) partly because of a cost-cutting campaign, which the airline says will continue.
Sales in the period also grew more than 10 percent to ?594.4 million.
The Finnish national carrier says it expects further improvements in the second half of the year "provided that traffic develops according to our estimates and our cost reduction program proceeds in line with its goals."
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- How serious is the financial damage in Europe?
- Barroso: France needs credible reform plan
- Fitch upgrades Greece's credit rating
- G7 says Japan playing by currency rules
- Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill
- Senate Votes on Marketplace Fairness Act
- EU Leaders To Look At Energy Costs In Post-Shale World