Toyota to recall Lexus SUVs to fix floor mat
Toyota is adding two Lexus SUVs to its huge recalls for unintended acceleration.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has asked Toyota to recall about 154,000 Lexus RX 450 H and RX 350 SUVs from the 2010 model year.
The safety agency says it made the request after reviewing consumer complaints and information from the company. The agency says gas pedals can become trapped by floor mats, causing the SUVs to accelerate unexpectedly.
Toyota has recalled more than 14 million vehicles globally to fix floor mats, gas pedals and other safety problems.
The agency says people with the SUVs should remove the driver's side floor mat and have their vehicles serviced quickly.
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- How serious is the financial damage in Europe?
- Barroso: France needs credible reform plan
- Fitch upgrades Greece's credit rating
- G7 says Japan playing by currency rules
- Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill
- Senate Votes on Marketplace Fairness Act
- EU Leaders To Look At Energy Costs In Post-Shale World
- 165,000 Jobs Added, Jobless Rate-7.5%
- ECB Cuts Interest Rates, Looks To Help Smaller Companies