Romney: Jobs report latest reason to oppose Obama
Republican Mitt Romney says the news that more Americans sought unemployment benefits last week is the latest proof that President Barack Obama should be voted out of office in November.
The Labor Department reported Thursday that the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits rose by 34,000 last week.
Romney cited the report during hastily arranged remarks to reporters near Boston.
He says Obama has spent more time trying to protect his own job instead of trying to encourage businesses to hire. He said Obama has attended 106 campaign fundraisers in the past six months.
Romney also repeated his criticism of Obama's statement last week that "If you've got a business, you didn't build that." Romney says Obama should visit businesses to really see who is responsible for creating them.
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- Evening News, May 22, 2013
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels