NJ Hosts Interfaith Dialogue Award Ceremony
Interfaith Dialogue Center of New Jersey organized an Interfaith awards ceremonies for 2008. Awrads were presented to individuals who have distinguished themselves in their profession, community and service to humanity in New Jersey.
The awards were based on a variety of factors, including interfaith/intercultural involvement, community service, education, community educational involvements, professional and community honors, business and professional leadership, and educational honors.
Hosted by Kent Manahan, Senior Anchor, NJN News and Levent Koc, IDC president, awards were given in 7 different categories .
Community service awards were given to New Jersey Governor, Jon Corzine and to Weysan Dun, Special agent in charge of the FBI Newark division.
The Peace and tolerance awards were given to Rabbi Jack Bemporad, Director, Center for Interreligious Understanding and Bishop Arthur Serratelli, of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson
The media the award was presented to Elizabeth Christopherson, Executive Director, New Jersey Network Television.
The Education award was presented to PSE&G of New Jersey which is the State's Gas&Electric company.
The Last category was the IDC Special Recognition award which was received by Maxine Beach, Vice President and Dean of School of Theology, Drew University.
The Award ceremony brought many people form different backgrounds ,ethinicities and religions.
- Turkey Stands at a Crossroad in Fight Against ISIL
- Turkish Security Bill Tarnishes Democratic Process
- New Powers for Turkish Judges
- Turkic American Alliance Holds Panel for Global Diaspora Week
- Erdogan Reacts to Middle East War
- Turkey Poised to Play Big Role
- Air Strikes Not Enough to Stop ISIS
- Ebola: Myth vs. Fact
- Nebula School of Art and Science Opens in Edmonton, Canada
- Washington, D.C. Hosts Mid-Atlantic Small Business Summit