Opposition Leader Abdulbasil Seyda Discusses Syria
The President of the Syrian National Council and leading Syrian opposition voice Abdulbasil Seyda discussed the difficult road ahead for Syria.
Seyda said that the Syrian National Council and other major Syrian opposition groups such as the Free Syrian Army and the Kurdish National Council are working in union against the regime of Syrian President Bashir Assad. Said Seyda, “Nowadays we have, we are struggling against this regime. We must do everything to finish our struggle.”
Seyda felt that the defection of Syrian Prime Minister Riyad Hijab is a clear sign that Assad’s regime is falling apart. Seyda said, “It is very important that the Prime Minister is leaving the regime. It means that this regime can’t continue more.”
On the heels of last week’s public execution of wealthy Assad supporter Ali Zain a Abdeen Barre, Seyda called for all opposition groups to use restraint and recognize the human rights of their Assad regime supporting captives.
Seyda described the Syria he wanted in the future stating, “The future Syria which we are working together it will be a secular and democratic Syria.”
In conclusion Seyda explained that, “Alawi and Christian and Kurdish and Shia and all, they are a very important part of our nationality.”
- Biden Highlights Exec. Orders, Guideline books
- Will the Spy Scandal Damage Britain's Reputation?
- Physically Challenged People Clean Blocked Drainage System in Kibera Slums.
- Istanbul Hosts 2000 Students from 140 nations
- Bike-sharing Program Popular, But with Glitches
- Obama's Approval Drops During Second Term
- Hypertension: The Silent Killer
- Advocates Push for Immediate Reform
- Foreign Cars Zoom Past Domestic Models
- 10 Yr. Old Gets Adult Lungs