Toyota to recall Lexus SUVs to fix floor mat
Toyota is adding two Lexus SUVs to its huge recalls for unintended acceleration.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has asked Toyota to recall about 154,000 Lexus RX 450 H and RX 350 SUVs from the 2010 model year.
The safety agency says it made the request after reviewing consumer complaints and information from the company. The agency says gas pedals can become trapped by floor mats, causing the SUVs to accelerate unexpectedly.
Toyota has recalled more than 14 million vehicles globally to fix floor mats, gas pedals and other safety problems.
The agency says people with the SUVs should remove the driver's side floor mat and have their vehicles serviced quickly.
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Stretched By Riots, Swedish Police Call Reinforcements
- Cameron: This Will Make Us Stronger
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Evening News, May 22, 2013