Turkey's military confirms that 8 of its soldiers are missing
(Ebru News/AP) Turkey's military confirms that 8 of its soldiers are missing following PKK terrorists ambush
The Turkish military confirmed Monday that eight of its soldiers were missing after an ambush attack by PKK terrorists in which 12 other soldiers were killed.
The confirmation from the military came as dozens of military vehicles headed toward the Iraq border and protesters across the country demanded tough action against PKK terrorists .The attack has pushed Turkey closer to a possible incursion into Iraq to target insurgents hiding there.
"Despite all search efforts, no contact has been established with eight missing personnel since shortly after the armed attack on the military unit," the military said in a statement posted on its Web site.
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M