Turkish Police Detain Many over Bomb Attacks
Today the Turkish Police in Istanbul detained more than 33 people. The police say they were detained becuase of a large stash of weapons found in an Istanbul suburb. Among those taken into custody during the raids in Istanbul and Izmir was the lawyer for the murdered Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink... Dink was killed in January of last year.
Lawyers, retired general and persons of extreme nationalist groups were among the detainees.
Others detainees include retired General of Turkish army Veli Kucuk and controversial extreme right wing lawyer Kemal Kerincsiz, who has launched a number of court cases against well known authors and intellectuals, including Dink and Nobel Prize winning writer Orhan Pamuk, for insulting Turkish identity.
Istanbul Police Department followed the evidence discovered on the computer of a retired army officer who was detained previously regarding a cache of explosives in a suburb in Umraniye and started the operation synchronically at 60 different locations in two cities.
Recent incidents which provoked peace in Turkiye, such as armed attack against Turkish Council of State, bombing of a newspaper which is in favor of the status quo in Turkiye are questioned under this investigation.
ebru news /shaber
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- GOP hopes IRS scandal will snag health care law
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M