Photo Links Pieces of Ergenekon Gang
(Ebru News/ ISTANBUL ) The Court assault link to the Ergenekon gang has been documented through a photo. The retired general Veli Kucuk who was detained in the Ergenekon investigation and Alparslan Aslan, a lawyer who killed a judge and caused other casualties had been in the same photo revealing their close ties. The photo which had undergone a criminal lab examination proved to be authentic.
The photo of the two suspects from the two separate cases shocked the Turkish public. Kucuk from the Ergenekon gang which plotted a coup and Aslan who murdered a judge at a high court, were seen in a picture taken in Stockholm on May 31, 2005.
Aslan previously denied any relationship with the retired general who is believed to have a higher rank in the gang known as Ergenekon when he was shown a picture of him and the general. He said the photo was not authentic and a fake.
Anti-terror Police teams from the Diyarbakir province requested the authentic photo to undergo examination at the criminal labs.
Shortly after, the authenticity of the photo was confirmed by the criminal labs, and is to be included in the indictment of Ergenekon as evidence in the crucial case.
- Attack on UN office leaves at least 12 dead
- Karzai sets new conditions for talks with Taliban
- Turkish government, protesters seek to draw sting from unrest
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Syrian warplanes strike rebel posts in Aleppo
- Evening News, June 18, 2013
- Greece's public TV still off despite court ruling
- Demonstrators flood Brazilian streets in protest
- US, Taliban to start talks on ending Afghan war
- Lawyer for Gadhafi son wants him handed to ICC