President Gul Receives African Businessmen
(Ebru News/AP) Turkish President Abdullah Gul and Foreign Minister Ali Babacan took part in a TUSKON summit in Istanbul today. President Gul, receiving the African ministers, showed his support to the Turkiye Africa relations.
On the third day of the Africa trade summit there have been busy talks and handshakes between 3500 businessmen.
Foreign Minister Ali Babacan received the guest ministers coming from 45 different African countries at a breakfast.
Africa which has energy sources, agricultural areas and mines, is a very important location for Turkiye with its numerous business opportunities.
All the initiatives on the African continent turn to Turkiye as an increased trade volume.
At the previous two summits the trade volume was 13 billion dollars which is expected to double at this year's summit.
African entrepreneurs will proceed to Anatolian provinces to make onsite visits to the factories for further agreements.
- Japan Economy on the Road to Recovery
- IMF says Cyprus at risk of even deeper recession
- $1 million in jewels stolen near Cannes film fest
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- US, Turkey project united front on Syria
- Obama Says "No Apologies" Over U.S. Security Leak Probe
- Evening News, May 15, 2013
- Beckham to retire from soccer at end of season