Prime Minister Addresses Business Round Table
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan addressed a business round table in Istanbul. Erdogan said the closure case affected Turkish economy negatively and referred to the interest rates reaching 22 percent, up from 15 percent since the indictment against the ruling party was issued.
The Prime Minister met the representative of the business world at the 16th Business Roundtable with the Turkish government by the Economist.
The Turkish business world reiterated the uncertainty in the economy due to the closure case. Business leaders emphasized Turkiye needed a quick decision in the closure case to avert the negative picture of Turkish economy from the markets.
Erdogan highlighted the effects of the high interest rates especially due to the closure case for three months.
Recep Tayyip Erdogan says:"The business world reiterated that uncertainty due to the closure case should be ended at once. Meanwhile, Guler Sabanci, who is the CEO of one of the leading groups in Turkiye, noted the trust toward the Turkish economy despite the recent negative developments.
Guler Sabanci / CEO of SABANCI HOLDING
"As Sabanci group, we count on the promising future of Turkiye. Looking to the past successes, we believe Turkiye will overcome all these problems and archive the goals again in the future."
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- Evening News, May 22, 2013
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels