Ergenekon Investigation Widens
It's being reported that a third coup plan had been in the works in Turkiye. According to the claim of the daily Taraf, Shener Eruygur prepared a coup plan during the final days as chief commander of the Gendarmerie. This plan was named "The Glove". With this latest news it seems that the investigation into the terrorist organization Ergenekon will dig deeper
In the coup plan which was discovered from the brief of retired General Shener Eruygur, there is an outline regarding the measures to be taken once the plan is successful. The plan is said to include specific names of the involvement of some people.
The steps for the accomplishment of the coup include persuading Turkish Army executives, manipulating the promotions in the advancement of the ranks in the Army at the meeting of the High Military Council, and seeking the support of the former Turkish President Sezer.
According to the plan, first the Erdogan government was going to be burned out and then the gloved fist would be thumped following a separation of the ruling AK Party.
After the military intervention, all laws would be revised while strategies regarding education, national security and foreign relations were to be changed.
Psywar techniques were to be employed in their attempt to overthrow the government that included such things as street rallies and posting Turkish flags
To manipulate the public opinion some writers would be encouraged to publish against Prime Minister Erdogan and cabinet members on such issues as the Islamic headscarf, The Turkish Higher Education Council, religious cults, and the Central Bank,
It is reported that the Ergenekon investigation will be extended to the Glove coup attempt as a result of the findings.
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- Evening News, May 22, 2013
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels