Pro Ergenekon Protest
(Ebru News/Cihan) On the first day of the Ergenekon trial, some provocative groups who rallied in front of the Silivri Prison which also serves as the court house for this particular case, to give support to the suspects of the Ergenekon. The provocative group tried to prevent the broadcasting of some media groups such as Samanyolu news.
There appeared to be a weakness in security as this historic trial in Turkiye began.
The supporters of Ergenekon, the terrorist group that claims among them, journalists, politicians, professors, retired soldiers, were outside the prison creating chaos.
Supporters of the terror organization include some from NGOs, Workers' Party and Kemalist Thought Association. The protesting groups, who were not flanked by the Police, created chaos immediately.
They went in the tents of the press to attack the press crews of some TV channels such as Samanyolu News.
The attacks slowed down once press crews reached out to the police units for help.
Press crews were able to find a peaceful atmosphere to carry out their tasks after the police increased their security measures.
- IMF's Lagarde Escapes Formal Investigation In Court
- Radiation leak at Japan lab; small impact expected
- Rescuers look for pilot in deadly NY Angel Flight
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Ex-Guatemala president extradited to US
- Stretched By Riots, Swedish Police Call Reinforcements
- Russia: Syrian regime may take part in peace talks
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- Cameron: This Will Make Us Stronger
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo