Pro Ergenekon Protest
(Ebru News/Cihan) On the first day of the Ergenekon trial, some provocative groups who rallied in front of the Silivri Prison which also serves as the court house for this particular case, to give support to the suspects of the Ergenekon. The provocative group tried to prevent the broadcasting of some media groups such as Samanyolu news.
There appeared to be a weakness in security as this historic trial in Turkiye began.
The supporters of Ergenekon, the terrorist group that claims among them, journalists, politicians, professors, retired soldiers, were outside the prison creating chaos.
Supporters of the terror organization include some from NGOs, Workers' Party and Kemalist Thought Association. The protesting groups, who were not flanked by the Police, created chaos immediately.
They went in the tents of the press to attack the press crews of some TV channels such as Samanyolu News.
The attacks slowed down once press crews reached out to the police units for help.
Press crews were able to find a peaceful atmosphere to carry out their tasks after the police increased their security measures.
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- Evening News, May 22, 2013
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels