New Revelations in Ergenekon Case
(Ebru News/Cihan) As the historic Ergenekon case begins it has come to light that the terrorist group has its fingerprints on many assassinations such as the murders of Sabanci who was the CEO of Toyota in Turkiye, Armenian Turkish editor Hrant Dink, Dr. Hablemitoglu, as well as the Supreme Court Attack and Cumhuriyet Newspaper bombings.
The 2002 assassination of Hablemitoglu, which was ordered by retired general Veli Kucuk, who is the known top manager in the terror organization, was blamed on innocent groups by the propaganda of ultra nationalist groups.
It is said that Veli Kucuk turned to Osman Gurbuz and whispered, "Osman you take the job again" when Osman Yildirim rejected to kill Hablemitoglu in return of 1 million dollars.
In the testimony, a witness said Osman Gurbuz was fulfilling the orders by retired General Kucuk in the Hablemitoglu murder.
Osman Yildirim previously admitted to using grenades used in two assaults on the daily Cumhuriyet, a staunchly secular newspaper and the Supreme Court of Appeals. The grenades had been given by Rasim Gorum through the order of the retired General Veli Kucuk.
Yildirim also identified Rasim Gorum in a photo of the Ergenekon. Alparslan Aslan was offered 500 thousand dollars to attack the Supreme Court.
- N.Korea Willing To Take China's Advice To Start Talks
- Obama Limits Use Of US Drone Strikes, Offers Steps To Close Guantanamo
- Japanese man, 80, oldest to top Everest
- Pistorius, Semenya off Olympic funding program
- Evening News, May 22, 2013
- London attack leaves one dead, 2 hospitalized
- Turkey Shuts Syria Border Crossing After Deadly Bombs
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels