Obama leaves White House for trip to storm-damaged region
President Barack Obama has left the White House for Alabama, where he'll see the damage from Wednesday's deadly tornadoes.
In Tuscaloosa, he'll meet with survivors of the storms that killed about 300 people, some two-thirds of them in Alabama.
The president then continues on to Florida, where he'll cheer the final launch of space shuttle Endeavour. And this evening, he delivers a commencement address in Miami.
- Costa Concordia Shipwreck Captain To Face Manslaughter Trial
- Kerry: US, allies, ready to step up aid rebels
- Rescuers Search Oklahoma Tornado Town Ruins
- EU steps up fight against tax evasion by end 2013
- Evening News, May 21, 2013
- German central bank: Economy to improve 'markedly'
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Syria, Israel Exchange Fire On Golan Heights
- White House counsel kept IRS probe results from Obama
- 24 dead in Oklahoma twister