12 killed, 59 wounded in Colo. theater shooting
Police say 71 people were shot in a suburban Denver movie theater early Friday during midnight shows of the new Batman movie. Twelve people were killed, ten of them at the theater.
Another 59 adults and children were wounded.
Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates says there were four showings of the movie at the time and all were sold out. He did not know how many people that amounts to.
Oates says investigators are confident the gunman acted alone.
Police arrested 24-year-old James Holmes, whose apartment four miles away was booby trapped.
Oates says Holmes wore body armor, used an assault rifle, a shotgun and a Glock handgun.
He says Holmes' car was parked in back of the theater.
- Fire chief: search almost complete in Oklahoma after tornado
- Jersey shore readies for 1st post-Sandy summer
- White House counsel kept IRS probe results from Obama
- German central bank: Economy to improve 'markedly'
- Syria, Israel Exchange Fire On Golan Heights
- 24 dead in Oklahoma twister
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Jodi Arias Denied Mistrial In Death Penalty Hearing
- Suicide at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case