Remains of 520 Srebrenica Victims to Be Buried
The bodies of 520 Srebrenica victims, left a morgue in the Bosnian town of Visoko. The remains will be buried at a memorial center and cemetery in Potocari.
The newly identified victims are being buried 17 years after the massacre on July 11th.
The perpetrators secretly dug up the original mass graves. They drove decomposing remains to other locations and buried them there.
A small prayer was held before the coffins arrived in Sarajevo. Hundreds paid their last respects, laying flowers on the trucks.
More than 8,000 Muslim men and boys were murdered by Serb forces in 1995 in Srebrenica. It was the worst massacre of civilians on European soil after World War II.
- Rome Protest Turns Up Heat On New PM Letta
- North Korea Fires Three Short-Range Missiles
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Suspected US drone in Yemen kills 4 militants
- Former Argentine Dictator Videla Dies In Prison At Age 87
- $1 million in jewels stolen near Cannes film fest
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- WHO: Death Toll From New Bird Flu In China Rises To 36
- UN says Syrian refugees top 1.5M
- US, Turkey project united front on Syria