Turkish Language Olympics in NJ
(Ebru NEws/AP) Now we're taking you to a wonderful competition, which is the East Side elimination of Turkish Language Olympiads organized in New Jersey. There were scenes touching everyone at the magnificent ceremony.
Different nationalities, different colors but sameness in their voices vocalized the most beautiful works in the Turkish Language with hearty feelings.
Students who participated the contest touched the audience in some sense and sometimes they cheered the audience up with their songs or poems in Turkish.
Kyla Tailor from Syracuse Academy of Science came in first with Yunus Emre poem. And Ahsan Khan from Pioneer Academy of Science was third with the song called "My Turkiye".
Lejla Lale Raslanin from Pioneer Academy of Science was second in the Turkish language song category. In the native language Turkish song category Ebru Dugme came in first.
In the second language Turkish poem category Lejla Lale Raslanin from Pioneer Academy of Science came in first, from the same school Natasa Awari was second. Saida Nur from Highway Education finished third.
In the native language Turkish poem category Ali Can Galip from Jerry Hill was the first winner. Hafsa Turkyolu from Pioneer Academy of Science was the third.
After the competition famous Turkish folk singer Fatih Kisaparmak gave a concert.
Among the guesst of the evening were the Turkish Consul General in New York along with many journalists and artists.
- Mandela Mourned at South African Embassy
- New York Restaurant Named After Icon
- Students Celebrate the Life of Nelson Mandela
- Outpouring of Emotions for Global Icon
- How South Africans are Paying Tribute
- Workers Protest to Raise Minimum Wage to $15
- Engineer May Have Been Sleep Deprived
- Obama Makes His Case to Young Adults
- Violent Attacks Continue Across Country
- New Jersey Residents React to Big Win